A number of blogs have already posted links to the full transcript of the segment of the Jeni Barnett show discussing MMR. However, I’ve just noticed that most are incomplete – missing one of the parts. The whole show is covered, mind you – there’s no surreptitious omissions – but most of the sets of links posted on the blogs are missing one or other of the parts.
There are, in fact, seven parts (not six):
- Part 1: Jeni introduces the discussion. Posted on Sciencepunk.
- Part 2: Tracey from Olympia. Posted on The Lay Scientist.
- Part 3: John from Epsom. Posted on Pod Black Cat.
- Part 4: Amanda (location not specified). Posted on Sceptics’ Book.
- Part 5: Geraldine in Hampstead. Posted on Sciencepunk (a little further down the page).
- Part 6: Rob (location not specified). Posted on Quackwatch.
- Part 7: Yasmin in Chelsea. Posted on Holfordwatch.
Incidentally, I briefly met Ben Goldacre this afternoon, at Professor Liam Smeeth’s inaugural lecture. My girlfriend, Ruthie, who has rather more chutzpah than I, went up to him to congratulate him on a talk he gave at the MRC. Unfortunately I was a little more shy and nervous (and not particularly in my comfort zone when it comes to academic event schmoozing) and was only able to mumble “Hello, I’m Michael” before Ben left us to find himself a beer. Anyway, Ben, if you’re reading, it was nice to meet you, albeit briefly, and to shake your hand.